Do you ever wonder what some of our favorite stars, actors, actress were before becoming famous? Some went to college and actually had an education and earned a degree in a particular field. These ten people have majored and earned an art degree. Take a look at who they are.
1. Actor Hugh Grant (acted in Two Weeks Notice, Did you hear about the Morgans?, Sense and Sensibility and many more films) won the Galsworthy scholarship to New College, Oxford in 1979. It was there where he was involved in student drama, and considered a career as an art historian. After Oxford,he actually turned down a scholarship to do postgraduate studies in Art History at the Courtauld Institute in London, and focused on his acting career.
2. Actor and Writer Bill Irwin, who plays Nate Haskel in CSI, graduated from Oberlin College with a degree in theatre arts.
3. Actress Natalia Livingston, known for her role as ‘Emily’ and ‘Rebecca’ in General Hospital Graduated from North Carolina School of Arts.
4. Ali MacGraw (known for her role in Dynasty, Gunsmoke:The Long Ride and many more films) received a B.A. in art history from Wellesley College.
5. Julianna Margulies (played Alicia Florrick in CBS The Good Wife and Nurse Carol Hathaway in ER) earned B.A. in liberal history from Sarah Lawrence College.
6. Actress Kellie Martin had the role of
7. Rachel Stirling (had roles in Young Victoria, Othello, Boy meets Girl and many others) obtained a degree in History of Art from the Edinburgh University.
8. Sela Ward (played Lily Manning in Once Again, Susan Harding in Stepfather, appeared few episodes in CSI NY and House M.D.) graduated from the University of Alabama with a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in art and advertising.
9. Peter Weller, an actor, producer and director, holds a master's degree in Roman and Renaissance art.
10. Sara Gilbert, known for her role as Darlene on Roseanne, and also had roles in Twins, ER and many more shows. She is a graduate of Yale University with a degree in Art.http://expertscolumn.com/content/6-famous-people-who-dropped-out-law-school