Everyone has experienced heartburn at some point in their lives. There are many over the counter drugs and prescription drugs designed to treat heartburn, but these drugs carry some risks and side effects. There are simple natural remedies to prevent and treat heartburn that are very effective and safe.
There are certain foods that may cause heartburn. You first need to identify the foods that may trigger heartburn and limit your intake of these foods or refrain from them for a time. Take an inventory of the foods you had before getting the heartburn.
Some of the foods that cause
Here are Natural remedies to treat Heartburn:
· Use Yogurt to settle your stomach and cure heartburn. Yogurt is a great way to get probiotic bacteria to get rid of heartburn. If you get frequent heartburn, add yogurt as part of your daily life.
· Drink fresh lemon juice to treat your next heartburn.
· Drink hot cup of Peppermint Tea – You can place fresh peppermint leaves in boiling water and then strain the leaves. Add a touch of honey and take slow sips. You can also use peppermint tea bags at the grocery store and drink
· Use Ginger- Ginger is known to treat nausea, but is also effective in treating heartburn as well. You can make a cup of hot ginger tea with ginger tea bags. You can also use pieces of ginger root and place in pot of boiling water. Strain and drink tea with a touch of honey. There is also a ginger supplement.
· Take a cup of Chamomile Tea- Chamomile is a very soothing tea that will relax your stomach and get rid of heartburn.
· Take a glass of water and add one tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar.
· void frequent eating of Big Meals before bedtime or just before bedtime. This can trigger and cause heartburn. If you are eating late, try to eat three to four hours before going to sleep.
· Baking Soda- Mix a teaspoon of baking soda and dissolve it in a ¾ glass of water
If you experience heartburn regularly on a daily basis, you may have to change your diet and see a doctor to be properly diagnosed for any serious medical conditions.