Developing a healthy lifestyle is an essential goal to aim towards a wonderful life for youself and your loved ones. Creating a healthy lifestyle does not only include eating the right foods and exercising, but implementing good things in other parts of your life. Here are some tips to point you in the right direction of gaining a healthy lifestyle, even if your life is very busy.
1. Choose Dark Salad Greens- Romaine Lettuce, Spinach, watercress, arugula, green beans are other nutritious greens for your lifestyle.
2. Regularly juice fruits and vegetables.
3. Reduce your intake of fried foods, eat steamed orgrilled vegetables and foods.
4. Margarine and foods containing hydrogenated fats increase risk of heart disease. Avoid them.
5. When preparing brownies, cakes, cookies, or any other baking recipe, substitute applesauce for butter or oil.
6. Eat beans and other legumes. Beans, lentils and dried peas are all good sources of fiber and consumed regularly, may help lower cholesterol levels.
7. Cook in cast-iron or steel pots to increase iron in your diet.
8. Eat fish to help your heart, it reduces your risk of heart attack.
9. Sauté vegetables in broth instead of butter.
10. Don’t skip breakfast. If you are in a hurry, eat an apple, banana or an orange.
11. Do not be fooled by fat-free recipes. Most of them are high in calories. You need to read the labels carefully.
12. Eat Lean Meats.
13. Hot Dogs, Processed lunch meats, bacon, and sausages contain a lot of saturated fat and nitrates in them, so this is something you want to avoid.
14. Avoid flavored water juices, drinks, yogurt with sucralose and aspartame and also avoid using other artificial sweeteners in your teas and coffee.
15. Salad dressings, sauces, spices, snacks, chips with monosodium glutamate. MSG can give you chest pains, nausea feeling, headaches, sweating and heart palpitations.
16. Drink less sodas (especially diet sodas which can give you headaches and affect your brain function. Instead drink
17. Use teas and coffee with less caffeine.
18. Be determined to quit smoking and gain help in doing it and limit your consumption of alcohol.
19. Snack wisely and healthy. (fruits, vegetables, rice chips, yogurt, granola).
20. Get 8 or more hours of sleep.- a lack of sleep affects your brain, memory and immune system.
21. Find great ways to cope with stress, take vacations, take breaks, a day off, manage present responsibilities and do not take on extra burdens and responsibilites.
22. Maintain a healthy perspective toward yourself- Love yourself, do not be too hard on yourself, encourage yourself and forgive yourself.
23. Gain a realistic, hopeful, optimistic outlook on life.
24. Enjoy life- Spend quality time with your family and friends. Devleop hobbies and productive activities other than your job.
25. Enjoy Fresh Air and Sunshine. – this helps your immune system and keeps your body healthy.
26. Work out at the gym or go a treadmill and exercise bike for 20-30 minutes daily.
27. Take the stairs, park your car far distance so you can walk.
28. Walk hills to burn more calories.
29. Sports activity like basketball, soccer, swimming, surfing, bicycling, bowling etc
30. Do chores in and around the home- working in the garden, vacuuming, sweeping, raking the leaves, mowing the lawn.