Honey is not only used as a sweetener for teas and coffees. It is a natural remedy used for many ailments, and has great health benefits.
1. Use honey on cuts, scrapes, burns and for minor injuries. It works as an antiseptic, prevents any infection and heal the wound. Just apply to the affected area.
2. It is used to get rid of acne and to minimize any facial wrinkles.
Warm some honey (2-3 Tablespoons) into a small bowl for 10-15 seconds. Then apply it to the areas where there is acne, fine lines and dark spots.
Leave on your face for 10-15 minutes,then use a hot wash cloth to remove honey or wash your face with warm water. Repeat this daily until acne and dark spots are gone.
3. Skin conditions such as eczema and psoriasis can be treated with honey.
Mix honey to a glass of water with freshly squeezed lime or lemon and apply to your skin. Leave on for 30 minutes, then wash it with warm water.
4. It can soothe a sore throat, cough and colds. Honey is filled with antioxidants andkills any bacteria.
Use honey with lemon juice or hot green tea to soothe your throat
5. Honey can also treat asthma and bronchitis. Mix one tablespoon of honey with a glass of water and add ground cinnamon.
6. Use honey to giving a boost of energy. Just mix 1 teaspoon of honey in a glass of water.
7. Treat stomach problems, diarrhea, upset stomach and nausea by adding honey to toast or crackers.
8. Use honey to relieve you of any stress. Add drops of honey to warm bath and relax.
9. If you are experiencing problems going to sleep at night or suffer from prolong insomnia, a glass of water with honey before bedtime is a very natural remedy.
10. Honey can be used to alleviate allergies. Take a teaspoon of honey to help your body to fight against allergies.